Focusing on the acquisition and application of knowledge that is directly relevant to the role of the manager in today’s rapidly changing business world, and with a strong emphasis on developing your employability, this flexible modular course prepares you for a successful
career in industry, commerce or the public sector. Having acquired and developed your understanding of a diverse body of knowledge, you will be able to evaluate evidence, arguments and assumptions, reach sound judgements and communicate effectively in complex business settings.
The course is designed to provide graduates with:
- a sound understanding of the basic concepts, theories and techniques of business management and their application.
- a range of personal and interpersonal skills appropriate to a career in business including
- communication, leadership, teamwork, negotiation, presentation and self-awareness.
- competence in fundamental aspects of business
- management, including the definition, analysis and evaluation of business-related problems, and the ability to generate and implement appropriate solutions and to make decisions.
- awareness of the need to adopt a holistic approach to business management based on a comprehensive overview of the environment within which businesses must operate, and of the need to monitor continuously and adapt to changes in that environment.
- awareness of current issues likely to affect the current and future operations of business organisations and the formulation of policy relating to industry and commerce.
- the capability to progress to postgraduate studies, if so desired, having acquired a basic knowledge of social science research techniques and their applications in the broad field of business and management studies.
Through its flexible framework of compulsory and optional modules, the programme provides you with comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the various business disciplines, whilst enabling you to gear your education towards the area of management that best suits your talents and aspirations. Addressing challenging and stimulating subjects and issues of local, national and global relevance, the modules develop your theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of the multi-disciplinary nature and scope of business
studies. With a strong focus on personal and professional development, the course’s design and delivery are also intended to provide you with a solid platform for career development.
There are 19 modules in all, 15 of which are compulsory.